Thursday 27 June 2024

CONFORMING TO THE A.A. WAY

 Good Morning!!!

 

God grant me the Serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change;

Courage to change

the things I can;

and Wisdom

 to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

 

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

 

June 27, 2024

 

CONFORMING TO THE A.A. WAY

 

We obey A.A.’s Steps and Traditions

because we really want them for ourselves.

It is no longer a question of good or evil;

we conform because

 we genuinely want to conform.

Such is our process of growth

in unity and function.

Such is the evidence of God’s grace

and love among us.

A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 106

 

It is fun to watch myself grow in A.A.

I fought conformity to A.A. principles

from the moment I entered,

but I learned from the pain of my belligerence that,

in choosing to live the A.A. way of life,

I opened myself to God’s grace and love.

Then I began to know the full meaning

of being a member of Alcoholics Anonymous.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment