Wednesday, 19 August 2026

SUDDEN INHERITANCE

SUDDEN INHERITANCE Did you know, that as per Indian *Panchang* system, each year has a specific name? And that each name has a meaning? There are *60* names of years *(Samvatsars)*. Each name replays after 60 years. The year typically begins in *mid-April*.* The year 2019-20 was named *‘Vikari’*, that lived up to its name by being a *‘illness’ year!* The year 2020-21 was named *‘Sharvari’,* meaning *darkness*, and it did push the world into a dark phase! Now the *‘Plava’* year (2021-22) is beginning. ‘Plava’ means, *"that - which ferries us across".* The *Varaha Samhita* says: this will ferry the world across unbearable difficulties and reach us to a state of glory. And take us from *darkness to light!* The year 2022-23 is named *‘Shubhkrut’,* meaning that which *creates auspiciousness.* *We can now look forward and expect to have a better tomorrow* Believe it or not *Sanatan Dharma* is thus far the most *scientific, practical and inclusive* of all systems in existence today. Our *Rishis* and *Munis* could accurately predict when modern day gadgets and equipments were non existent. *Proud to belong to the land of diversity and brotherhood* orgiveness* Before Nelson Mandela left prison he said, "As I stand before the door to my freedom, I realise that if I do not leave my pain, anger and bitterness behind me, I will still be in prison". Self imprisonment is worse than that imposed. How many of us have imprisoned ourselves inside the walls of anger and bitterness, holding grudges, etc. Forgiveness sets you free. Let's get out of our prison before we move into 2022. Good things are coming, a new year is about to start, just get ready & keep moving forward. Remove all the negativity & feel positive, Forgive your worst enemy, the person you hate the most, Always smile, whatever the circumstances, Laugh a lot, be happy, Show kindness, Praise everyone, there are enough critics already, Stay focused, keep moving ahead. Pray a lot, have faith, You do all of the above & the Universe will conspire to give you the good things in the New Year. Forgive & Enjoy the last few days of this year and Stay blessed forever es, it is true, although I have grown up in a very privileged family according to Indian standards. There was no shortage of opportunities for me in India, to make a respectable living. I had great parents, lived in one of the most exclusive areas of the ultra-modern brand new city of Chandigarh, Punjab/INDIA, now union territory. I had an excellent education, all my friends from very well families in the city. However, I have seen everything from a distance: But I have seen everything in life from a very near distance. I have witnessed helplessness, I have witnessed self-pride gone to dust, I have seen extreme hunger, I have seen corrupt people, I have seen most greedy people, I have seen the worst of the worse people. I have seen extreme injustice; I have seen extreme sacrifice. There is not anything that I have not seen when growing up. I was born a few years after the British finally left my native land India. I have seen first hand my birth province, Punjab partitioned into Punjab/Pakistan and Punjab/India, I have seen and the total helplessness of the masses. India was on her knees, and there was total darkness around my generation. And I resolved that I will work so hard in my life that I do not have to see these conditions for me or my kids if I have one later on. If I did not see that, I would not be the person I am today. Yes, those days and experiences made a person of stone. I would not go into the details of my struggles, working like a machine, and the only motivation in my mind kept me going through those helpless faces. Did I reach the final destination? Yes, of course? Poverty/helplessness leaves a permanent memory on most people, and it is a well-known fact that people who experienced the great depression never forgot that time. And become extremely careful with the rest of life. Without dwelling too much on my struggles but here is a gist: • I made education my priority. I did not stop at anything: I did BSc in Chemistry but took two additional B.A. subjects. I was apprehensive just in case I do get into MSc. The competition in my time was neck-breaking. I did BEd and followed by MSc, all from Punjab, university, Chandigarh, Punjab, now U.T. India. • I got a reasonable job, but I wanted to get out of India hook crook and end mend. • I did another MSc in Canada, • And I did two jobs back to back all my life, and I vowed to keep working until the last day if possible. I passed retirement age a long time ago but never forgot the faces I had seen growing up. Besides working in the Canadian dairy/food/flavor industry: And reaching the executive level. And being a qualified scientist and I have had another skill. Knowing the building/transportation/construction that I learned from my legendary father. There isn't anything that I cannot handle in construction and property management. And I kept both professionals alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment