Sunday 21 May 2023

STEP ONE

  

STEP ONE

 

WE....... (The first word of the First Step)

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 21

 

When I was drinking all, I could ever think about

was “I, I, I,” or “Me, Me, Me.”

Such painful obsessions of self, such soul sickness,

such spiritual selfishness bound me to the bottle

for more than half my life.

The journey to find God

and to do His will one day at a time

began with the first word

of the First Step . . . “We.”

There was power in numbers,

there was strength in numbers,

there was safety in numbers,

and for an alcoholic like me,

there was life in numbers,

If I had tried to recover alone,

I probably would have died.

With God and another alcoholic,

I have a divine purpose in my life . . .

I have become a channel for God’s healing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment