Wednesday 17 May 2023

. . . . AND FORGIVE

 God grant me the Serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change;

Courage to change

the things I can;

and Wisdom

to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

 

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

 

May 17, 2023

 

. . . . AND FORGIVE

 

Under very trying conditions

I have had, again and again,

to forgive others–also myself.

AS BILL SEE IT p. 268

 

Forgiveness of self and forgiveness of others

are just two currents in the same river,

both hindered or shut off completely

 by the dam of resentment.

Once that dam is lifted,

both currents can flow.

The Steps of A.A. allow me to see

how resentment has built up

and subsequently blocked off

this flow in my life.

The Steps provide a way

by which my resentments may –

by the grace of God as I understand Him –

be lifted.

It is as a result of this solution

that I can find the necessary grace

which enables me to forgive myself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment