Sunday 7 July 2024

*Humility*

*Humility* Cricketer *Rahul Dravid was honoured with a doctorate degree* by the University of Bangalore, which Rahul Dravid *gracefully returned*. Not only did he give back the degree, but he also *gave a wonderful speech*; he said "My *wife is a doctor, she has spent countless, sleepless nights and days to get this degree*." " *My mother is a professor of arts*, she has *waited for a long, fifty years for her degree* with perseverance. I *worked hard to play cricket, but I didn't study* that much, so *how come I accept this degree*?" *Einstein was offered the Prime Ministership* by the Israeli government *in 1952*. Einstein politely said, “ *I am an inexperienced student of physics*. What do I understand about the governance and administration of a state !!!” *Grigori Perelman, the Russian world-renowned mathematician*, he *returned the Field Medals in 2006 and a large sum of money*, regarded as the *equivalent of Nobel Prize in the field of Mathematics*. He said *“We had a poverty driven childhood* in our family. We had to *manage in a very calculative manner* to save mother's earnings. May be, that’s the *reason why I was able to develop a little skill in mathematics* since childhood. Since *that phase of poverty is not there anymore* in my life, *what do I do with so much of money?”* Seeing the humility of these greatly skilled people, one feels to bow down in respect. *These humble* and down to earth *people remind us over and over again that being humble does not mean one gets less dignified* in the eyes of the society, *rather it portrays in them a much larger than life image*. As there is a saying *‘Sky is the limit for humility* while there is no limit at all to stoop down to any level”, which our politicians are notoriously popular fo

No comments:

Post a Comment