Tuesday 19 March 2024

Love and Tolerance

  

Good Morning!!!

 

God grant me the Serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change;

Courage to change

the things I can;

and Wisdom

to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

 

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

 

March 20, 2024

 

LOVE AND TOLERANCE

 

Love and tolerance of others is our code.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 84

 

I have found that I have to forgive others

in all situations

to maintain any real spiritual progress.

The vital importance of forgiving

may not be obvious to me at first sight,

but my studies tell me

that every great spiritual teacher

has insisted strongly upon it.

I must forgive injuries, not just in words,

or as a matter of form, but in my heart.

I do this not for the other persons’ sake,

but for my own sake.

Resentment, anger,

or a desire to see someone punished,

are things that rot my soul.

Such things fasten my troubles to me with chains.

They tie me to other problems

that have nothing to do with my original problem.

 

****************************************************

Breach the Walls of Ego

 

People who are driven by pride of self

 unconsciously blind themselves to their liabilities.

Newcomers of this sort scarcely need comforting.

The problem is to help them discover

 a chink in the walls their ego has built,

through which the light of reason can shine.

The attainment of greater humility

is the foundation principle of each A.A.’s Twelve Steps.

For without some degree of humility,

no alcoholic can stay sober at all.

Nearly all A.A.’s have found, too, that unless

they develop much more of this precious quality

than may be required just for sobriety,

 they still haven’t much chance of becoming truly happy.

Without it, they cannot live to much useful purpose,

 or, in adversity, be able to summon

the faith that can meet any emergency.

12 & 12 - 1. p. 46 - 2. p. 70

 

*****************************************************

Attitude

 

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.

It is more important than the past, than education,

than money, than circumstances, than failures,

than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.

It will make or break a company...a church...a home.

The remarkable thing is, we have a choice every day

regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past...

we cannot change the inevitable.

 The only thing we can do is play

on the one string we have,

 and that is our attitude.

 I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me

and 90% how I react to it.

And so, it is with you...

we are in charge of our Attitudes.

~~ Charles Swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment