Monday 22 April 2024

NEW SOIL . . . NEW ROOTS

Good Morning!!! God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; and Wisdom to know the difference. Thy will, not mine, be done. *~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~* April 22, 2024 NEW SOIL . . . NEW ROOTS Moments of perception can build into a lifetime of spiritual serenity, as I have excellent reason to know. Roots of reality, supplanting the neurotic underbrush, will hold fast despite the high winds of the forces which would destroy us, or which we would use to destroy ourselves. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 173 I came to A.A. green – a seedling quivering with exposed taproots. It was for survival but it was a beginning. I stretched, developed, twisted, but with the help of others, my spirit eventually burst up from the roots. I was free. I acted, withered, went inside, prayed, acted again, understood anew, as one moment of perception struck. Up from my roots, spirit-arms lengthened into strong, green shoots: high-springing servants stepping skyward. Here on earth God unconditionally continues the legacy of higher love. My A.A. life put me “on a different footing. . . [my] roots grasped a new soil.” **************************************************** "Not allied with any sect...." "While A.A. has restored thousands of poor Christians to their churches, and has made believers out of atheists and agnostics, it has also made good A.A.'s out of those belonging to the Buddhist, Islamic, and Jewish faiths. For example, we question very much whether our Buddhist members in Japan would ever have joined this Society had A.A. officially stamped itself a strictly Christian movement. "You can easily convince yourself of this by imagining that A.A. started among the Buddhists and that they then told you, you couldn't join them unless you become a Buddhist, too. If you were a Christian alcoholic under these circumstances, you might well turn your face to the wall and die." LETTER, 1954 ********** "Success is getting up after you fall down." ******************** ALKIESPEAK – Book – Quote I never heard a better name for booze than Lunatic Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment