Monday 10 April 2023

GROWING UP

 God grant me the Serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change;

Courage to change

the things I can;

and Wisdom

to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

 

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

 

April 10, 2023

 

GROWING UP

 

The essence of all growth is

a willingness to change for the better

and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder

whatever responsibility this entails.

AS BILL SEES IT, p. 115

 

Sometimes when I’ve become willing to do what I should

have been doing all along, I want praise and recognition.

I don’t realize that the more I’m willing to act differently,

the more exciting my life is.

The more I am willing to help others,

the more rewards I receive.

That’s what practicing the principles means to me.

Fun and benefits for me

are in the willingness to do the actions,

 not to get immediate results.

Being a little kinder, a little slower to anger,

a little more loving makes my life better–day by day.

 

**********************************************

Gratitude

 

"Gratitude should go forward, rather than backward.

"In other words, if you carry the message to still others,

you will be making the best possible repayment

for the help given to you."

No satisfaction has been deeper and no joy greater

than in a Twelfth Step job well done.

To watch the eyes of men and women

open with wonder as they move from darkness into light,

to see their lives quickly fill

with new purpose and meaning,

and above all to watch them awaken

to the presence of a loving God in their lives –

these things are the substance

of what we receive as we carry A.A.'s message.

1. LETTER, 1959

2. TWELVE AND TWELVE, P. 110

 

***********

"Take care of the little things,

the bigger things are easier to handle"

 

********************

GRAPEVINE quote of the day

"May those who come to know the truth never forget it."

Mulberry, Florida, June 2011

"This Wasted Life,"

AA Grapevine

 

**********************************************

People are always

blaming their circumstances

for what they are.

--George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment