Saturday 11 March 2023

God grant me the Serenity

 God grant me the Serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change;

Courage to change

the things I can;

and Wisdom

to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

 

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

 

March 12, 2023

 

A DAY'S PLAN

 

On awakening let us think

of the twenty-four hours ahead.

We consider our plans for the day.

Before we begin,

we ask God to direct our thinking,

especially asking that it be divorced

from self-pity,

dishonest or self-seeking motives.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 86

 

Every day I ask God to kindle within me

the fire of His love, so that love,

burning bright and clear, will illuminate my thinking

and permit me to better do His will.

Throughout the day, as I allow

outside circumstances to dampen my spirits,

I ask God to sear my consciousness

with the awareness

that I can start my day over any time I choose;

a hundred times, if necessary.

 

**********************************************

Thousands of "Founders"

 

"While I thank God that I was privileged

to be an early member of A.A.,

I honestly wish that the word ‘founder’

could be eliminated from the A.A. vocabulary.

"When you get right down to it, everyone who has done

any amount of successful Twelfth Step work

is bound to be the founder

of a new life for other alcoholics."

"A.A. was not invented!

Its basis was brought to us

through the experience and wisdom

of many great friends.

We simply borrowed and adapted their ideas."

"Thankfully, we have accepted

the devoted services of many non-alcoholics.

We owe our very lives

to the men and women of medicine and religion.

And, speaking for Dr. Bob and myself,

I gratefully declare that

had it not been for our wives, Anne and Lois,

neither of us could have lived

to see A.A.’s beginning."

1.     Letter, 1945

2. Letter, 1966

3. Letter, 1966

No comments:

Post a Comment