Friday 15 September 2023

*What a packet of Biscuits and a hungry young girl taught me

*What a packet of Biscuits and a hungry young girl taught me ....* *I was waiting at the train station at Coonoor to go to Ooty for the day . The train had not yet arrived and i was simply passing my time, talking with friends, clicking pics, watching crowds of travelers come in and pose around.* *Seeing me, a girl of about 10 years of age came to me and said, "Sir, please buy these pens, I will give you 2 pens for Rs.10. I am very hungry, I will get to eat something."* *With her was a little boy who was wandering around, maybe her brother.* *I said, "Well I don't need a pen."* *Her next question was very startling, "Then how will we eat something?"* *I said, "I don't want a pen, but you will definitely eat something."* *I had two packets of biscuits in my bag. I took out both the packets, and handed one to each of them. But I was surprised, when she returned one packet and said, "Saab One is enough, we will share it."* *I was utterly surprised to hear this!* *I said again, "It's okay, you keep both. It doesn't matter."* *That girl's reply shook me to my core, my soul. .......................* *She said, "Then What will YOU EAT ?? "* *In this world, where people earn crores at the cost of keep humanity hungry and needy, this hungry girl taught me the ultimate lesson of humanity.* *Don't take so much from someone out of greed that we eat their share as well !!* *"There is a fundamental principle- Try to Give more than what we take and make humanity live !!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment