Saturday 25 February 2023

NO ORDINARY SUCCESS STORY

 Good Morning!!!

 

God grant me the Serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change;

Courage to change

the things I can;

and Wisdom

to know the difference.

Thy will, not mine, be done.

 

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

 

February 26, 2023

 

NO ORDINARY SUCCESS STORY

 

A.A. is no success story

in the ordinary sense of the word.

It is a story of suffering transmuted,

under grace, into spiritual progress.

AS BILL SEES IT, p. 35

 

Upon entering A.A. I listened to others talk

about the reality of their drinking:

loneliness, terror and pain.

As I listened further, I soon heard a description

of a very different kind–the reality of sobriety.

It is a reality of freedom and happiness,

of purpose and direction, and of serenity and peace

with God, ourselves and others.

By attending meetings,

I am reintroduced to that reality, over and over.

I see it in the eyes and hear it in the voices

of those around me.

By working the program,

I find the direction and strength

with which to make it mine.

The joy of A.A. is that this new reality

is available to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment