Tuesday 6 June 2023

Malini Parthasarathy resigns from The Hindu’s board

Malini Parthasarathy resigns from The Hindu’s board In her statement, Malini Parthasarathy said that the scope for editorial views were shrinking in the group. Malini Parthasarathy resigned from the board of The Hindu Group Publishing Private Ltd on June 5. In a statement she shared on social media, she said the scope for her efforts “has narrowed” and she has decided to move on. The statement added, “I find the space and scope for my editorial views shrinking. My entire endeavour as Chairperson and Director, Editorial Strategy was to ensure that The Hindu Group revives its legacy of fair and unbiased reporting. Also my efforts were to free our narrative from entrenched ideological bias.” Malini’s term as the chairperson of the group hereby comes to an end. has had several disagreements with the current editorial team, Recently, she responded to RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy’s criticism on the Hindu’s fact check on the sengol control. While The Hindu had said the sengol was not handed over to Nehru, as was being claimed by the Government of India, Gurumurthy had contradicted the fact-checking article. Malini had responded to Gurumurthy on Twitter and said that they will make the changes if the facts are incorrect. Malini had been the Executive Editor of The Hindu between 2015 and 2016. She quit citing that there was general dissatisfaction with her performance. Her first stint as a newsroom leader was between 1996 and 2004 when she was the Executive Editor. She took over as chairperson of the board from N Ram in July 2020. Here is the complete statement: My term as Chairperson of The Hindu My term as Chairperson of The Hindu Group Publishing ends. However, I have also resigned from the Board of the THGPPL as I find the space and scope for my editorial views shrinking. My entire endeavour as Chairperson and Director, Editorial Strategy was to ensure that The Hindu Group revives its legacy of fair and unbiased reporting. Also my efforts were to free our narrative from entrenched ideological bias. Since I find the scope for my efforts has narrowed, I have decided to move on. I thank all my well-wishers and friends who have supported this challenging journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment