Monday 23 September 2024

Who was Nagnajiti, the wife of Lord Krishna?

Who was Nagnajiti, the wife of Lord Krishna? Nagnajiti was the princess of Kosala. Lord Krishna married her after taming 7 ferocious bulls. She is also known by the name Satya. Marriage of Krishna and Nagnajiti - In order to put to test the prowess of the kings (who came as suitors for my hand), my father procured seven extremely mighty, energetic bulls with very sharp (pointed) horns. These bulls humiliated the pride of dauntless warriors. The Lord (however) quickly controlled them (by putting a string through their nose) and yoked them playfully as children do with lambs. He won me as a prize for his prowess. He vanquished the kings who way-layed us and brought to Dvaraka me along with my maid-servants and an army of four divisions, (consisting of elephants, chariots, horses and infantry). May I ever be blest with the fortune of serving him. Chapter 83, 10th Skandha, Srimad Bhagavatam. 2. Children of Nagnajiti - Vira (v.l. Bhanu), Candra, Asvasena, Citragu, Vegavan, Vrsa, Ama, Sanku, Vasu, Sriman, Kunti were the sons of Nagnajiti. Chapter 61, 10th Skandha, Srimad Bhagavatam.

No comments:

Post a Comment