Saturday 14 January 2023

A woman is cheated on by her husband.

 A woman is cheated on by her husband.


She's devastated. She hears that there's a wise monk who lives up in a mountain, she decides to consult him. 

After a few days of traveling, she reaches the top and meets the wise monk. "I spent my whole life with him, my youth was dedicated supporting him, taking care of him. And now he has left me for another woman. My life is stolen, and I'm left with nothing. I don't know what to do".

The monk gives her a cookie and asks her to eat it. After she finishes eating, he asks: Was the cookie delicious? "Yes"- she answers. "Do you want another one?" "Sure." After she finishes that, he asks do you want one with nuts, After she finishes another three exotic varieties, the monk looks her in the eye and says "Do you see the problem now?"

The woman thinks for a while, and then slowly speaks. "I guess human nature is greedy. You get one, then you want more, maybe a new one, bigger one, a better one and so on. It's never enough. And nothing lasts forever, everything is finite. We should be aware of this and not disappointed. "

The monk shakes his head.

 *"No, I mean you are too fat, you should eat less."* 

_Not all Buddhist teachings have a spiritual lesson_

No comments:

Post a Comment