Wednesday 9 November 2016

Gurudev's Talks Jai Gurudev



Ques: Today is the 35th anniversary of when you delivered the first Sudarshan Kriya in 1981. Can you please share something about the story?

#SriSri:
Oh yes, I totally forgot!

After the silence I just came out and I was smiling and there were a bunch of people around me and they said, please talk something. I said ok, let’s sit down.

It was a small hall which would fit thirty people and about 12-15 yuvacharyas, those days we called them dharmacharyas, 15 or so young people, then the public came about 30 doctors and engineers.

Then I started, just talking a little bit here and there, everyone started slipping into meditation. I didn’t say much! So our session began in the morning at 9am and it continued till 4pm, our lunch was at 4pm. Then after lunch nobody wanted to go home so after lunch everybody came right back by 5pm. Then from 5pm to 11pm it went on.

I would say less but people will have more experiences.

Then the next day it continued, Saturday-Sunday. By the end of the day they were so blissed out, total transformation, lot of people had healing experiences..

And then they said, ‘next will you also be there?’ I said yes, I am here for some more time.

Next Saturday Sunday we had about 55-60 people. It was so cramped in that little hall. Then the week after the next town, very close to that place, we went there, we had a program there.

Like that it spread by word of mouth only. People started coming from all over. Those days I didn’t have an address, nor an Ashram, nothing. I just went to anybody’s home and slept on the floor. I had my little suitcase.

We had no Ashram. So our Ashram was our vehicle. We had a vehicle and a suitcase and fifty people with me.

We had schools that we had started in different places, rural areas and some other ashrams. We went and became guests at other Ashrams. We were helping them have our schools run there.

There was such a warm welcome from everyone. So I would stay in various homes and every home would become an Ashram. And they were lower-middle class people. Not very well off people, but still they would feed all the people who would come.

I would feel a little shy because they were spending so much money in feeding everybody. You could see that there was so much human values, so much love, sense of giving. Like that we went, village after village after village, small little towns and that’s it.

Then we came to Bangalore and Mysore and Ooty. I used to regularly go to Ooty which is about 7 hours from here. When it’s very hot summer here, it is very cool there. It’s high in the mountains.

So on the way I would stop at Mysore where all the top intellectuals were there. For them I would give some knowledge.

Some big saints would come and listen to Me. And I was only 23-24yrs old and those saints were 50, 60, 70 year olds saints, who would come and discuss about wisdom and knowledge. And we had our advanced meditation programs in some of our hill stations. Ten days/ 7 days programs.

There was no publicity material, no photos nothing, only word of mouth. Actually we had a ban to print anything! People could only just keep it in the mind, write it down..Then slowly everything started.

Then from Delhi some people came all the way to take our programs. When they took, they were so amazed, they went back home feeling wonderful. All different embassies and United Naions people, they put together a course, and asked me to take the program. Like that we went all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment