Tuesday 22 March 2016

MAT VALENTINE'S BLOG- MUST READ




t's been a few weeks since I sent a weekly digest roundup and I'm overjoyed to be able to email you again and get back to my normal schedule.
The past few weeks have been great but a few kinks were thrown into the book release (like 75% of my completed audiobook being wiped out) that put me behind on everything, so I had to catch up. However, I rolled with it and everything with the book turned out amazing.
I'm so happy with how great the book and everything attached to it turned out, from the eBook (I designed a great EPUB and MOBI version for everyone, which I regret not doing for my second book, Zen for Everyday Life) to the audiobook and the beautiful paperback (really proud of how the paperback turned out) to the bonuses I included to help you take the material further. Thank you so much to everyone who helped support the book (in any way), I couldn't have done it without you and I deeply appreciate all the support.
You can get more information, and if you haven't yet, pick up a copy of my new book, This Moment: How to Live Fully and Freely in the Present Moment, by going to ThisMomentBook.com.
Anyway, I'm not here to talk about the book. I'm here to bring you some amazing new content that I think you'll love. On a side note, I wrote probably one of my all-time favorite posts this past week so my personal suggestion is to check that out (How to Wake Up Through Play).
Here's everything new from the past 7 days. I hope you're enjoying the newsletter format. Let me know what you think. :)

Buddhaimonia Blog
How to Wake Up Through Play (and the Wisdom of Bill Murray)
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.”

– Fred Rogers
I got an email from ABC Mouse recently, an online learning program we use for our oldest son, and it had that quote at the top of the email. This misconception of play not having worth exists not just for children, but for adults too. We think that as adults we have to live seriously. We think that our work and responsibilities are serious business. But we’ve forgotten the value of play. Or, more specifically, living with the perspective of play. Continue reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment