Tuesday 23 August 2022

Fun for Lexophiles : An annual Pun Competition is held by the New York Times. Here are some submissions:

 Fun for Lexophiles : An annual Pun Competition is held by the New York Times. Here are some submissions:  


◾I changed my iPod's name to Titanic.  It's syncing now.  
◾England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.  
◾This girl today said she recognized me from the Vegetarians Club, but I'd swear I've never met herbivore. 
◾I know a guy who's addicted to drinking brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.  
◾A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.  
◾I got some batteries that were given out free of charge.  
◾A dentist and a manicurist married.  They fought tooth and nail.  
◾A will is a dead giveaway.  
◾With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.  
◾Police were summoned to a daycare center where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.  
◾Did you hear about the fellow whose entire left side was cut off?  He's all right now.  
◾A bicycle can't stand alone; it's just two tired.  
◾He had a photographic memory but it was never fully developed.  
◾When she saw her first strands of gray hair she thought she'd dye.  
◾Acupuncture is a jab well done.  That's the point of it.  
◾I didn't like my beard at first.  Then it grew on me.  
◾Did you hear about the crossed-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?  
◾When you get a bladder infection, urine 😊 u r in) trouble.  
◾I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
◾I'm reading a book about anti-gravity.  I just can't put it down.
◾ *Those who get too big for their pants will be totally exposed in the end.*
◾Dad, are we pyromaniacs? 
Yes, we arson.
◾ What do you call a pig with laryngitis? Disgruntled
◾ Why do bees stay in their hives during winter? 
Swarm.
◾If you’re bad at haggling, you’ll end up paying the price.
◾Just so everyone’s clear, I’m going to put my glasses on.
◾I lost my job as a stage designer. I left without making a scene.
◾I once worked at a cheap pizza shop to get by. 
I kneaded the dough.
◾I lost my girlfriend’s audiobook, and now I’ll never hear the end of it.
◾Why is ‘dark’ spelled with a k and not c? Because you can’t see in the dark.
◾Why is it unwise to share your secrets with a clock? 
Well, time will tell.
◾When I told my contractor I didn’t want carpeted steps, he gave me a blank stair.
◾Prison is just one word to you, but for some people, it’s a whole sentence.
◾I’m trying to organize a hide and seek tournament, but good players are really hard to find.
◾ I’ve started telling everyone about the benefits of eating dried grapes. 
It’s all about raisin awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment